Hello there! Today, a long belated make. I completed this Deer&Doe Reglisse dress a couple of months back - at the time I wasn't really sure if I liked it or not, but it has definitely grown on me! In fact, wearing it to school just like this last Friday, I got a ton of compliments, and mostly from boys (elementary age, mind you). I even explained to one extra curious kindergartner how I actually made the dress with a sewing machine! I think the color combination works really well year round, and I LOVE it with these black fleece lined tights and booties - so warm ;)




Here are the details:

Pattern: Deer&Doe Reglisse Dress

Size: 38 (bust) to 40 (waist/hips)

My Shape: Tall (6'0), pear shape, narrow shoulders, long torso

Fabric:

Main - Ivory / Black Graphic Stripe Rayon - fabric.com 
Contrast - Solid Black Rayon Challis - Joann Fabrics

Size Alterations:

- Graded out to size 40 at the waistline
- Lengthened skirt a couple inches

Design Changes:

- None! Love everything about it! Bias cut bodice, contrast neck tie/collar and cap sleeves (also made waistband in contrast), gathered detail on shoulder, full swingy skirt, and no closures! AMAZING!

Construction Notes:

- The one main issue I had was with the super slippery black rayon fabric - After completely constructing the neckline, I realized one side of the collar was just slightly smaller than the other! Urrrrghhhh.... I considered ripping it out and redoing it, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. And I think I was right - I've barely noticed it since wearing it the first time (pretty sure that's b/c it's most noticeable from the back).


You can't help spinning around in this lovely dress! Even Camille twirls on the pattern page! This is a wonderful fitting dress, and I think it would work beautifully in about any print - I'm seeing visions of a sparkling plaid party dress in my near future! Ooh la la!