Helllooooooooooo wonderful sewing community! As I sit here writing this post, I see that my last legitimate sewing post was on April 30th - whew, that's a long time ago. So what I have I been up to? Well, to put it plainly, PRIORITIES. I realized that all my wonderful sewing and blogging time was taking away time from other things like exercising, keeping up the house, and even just relaxing with a good book. So this summer, I decided to prioritize these three things and see what happened. The good news is, I am now at the end of summer (back to school on Monday) and I feel healthy and fit, I finished physical therapy for my knee, I can sit on the couch and not see all the dishes/unswept floor/piles of clothes, and after this I plan to head outside with Neil Gaiman's "Fragile Things" and enjoy some reading. I did sew throughout the summer, as evidenced on Instagram, but blogging just never got to the top of my priority list. And that's okay. Here's a quick rundown of what I made:


1) Sewaholic Davie's Dress - ran big - had to take it in all over - cute design though! The top stitching takes a looooong time but the effect is more sporty and cool - love that contrasted with the floral print :)



2) Cap Sleeved Peplum Top from Bootstrap Fashion - first experience with this made-to-measure pattern company. Yellow striped ponte knit was cute, but the whole top was too big. Not sure if that's b/c I used a knit or put in my measurements wrong or the drafting. Love the fabric and may try to save it by cutting off the sleeves and taking it in at the princess seams.



3) By Hand London's Elisalex Dress - Made to wear to my cousin's wedding. After three muslins and with no time left, I finally cut it out of my pink and silver fashion fabric. I would move the waist seam down a bit, but it fits well everywhere else! :)



4) Lady Skater Dress - In floral ponte knit. Made several times. Still awesome.



4) Megan Nielsen's Eucalypt Tank - After finishing this top, I realized I may need to do an FBA! It fits perfectly in the shoulders, but was tight around the bust. I gifted it to my sister-in-law and plan to retry sometime with an FBA - help! Lol



5) Vintage Simplicity 8701, c. 1978 - A second version of one of my favorite, most worn handmade dresses (first one here) - still fits like a dream :)



6) Monetti! A mashup of the Nettie bodice and Moneta skirt with added bow in the back :) Fabric is navy with red anchor print knit.



7) Tilly and the Button's Bettine Dress - stay tuned for an ACTUAL blog post coming about this one!

And there you have it - an entire summer of sewing in one post! Lol. Obviously I didn't get into the super details, but some of these I have made before and others are super popular in the blogosphere so it's easy to find in-depth reviews. IF you have questions, comment below and I'll try my best to answer :)

So have you ever taken a break from blogging? And what did you do in the meantime?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention - I also went to PARIS! And the South of France! In July! I will share a little more about this in my next post, but in the meantime you can view a photo album HERE. Happy viewing :)