Hello there! Today I have a Southport dress (pattern by True Bias) made up in a gray chambray with white bows and dots (Gertie fabric at Joann's). This dress has been my summer uniform - as I'm sure it is for many other seamstresses - especially in a cool cotton fabric.



This dress is the second in my backlog of summer sewing projects, officially sewn around 4th of July - finished instagram photo here. Originally I was going to use this fabric for my sleeveless Sureau dress (evidence on IG) but the idea of the gray chambray as a casual Southport quickly took over :)




Pattern: Southport dress by True Bias

Fabric: Gray Bow Chambray by Gertie from Joanns (no longer available online - may be in the red tag clearance section in store)

Sizing: Size 6 bodice, with 1.5" FBA and 2" added length - For skirt, I cut the largest size at hips and graded to size 6 at waist



Overall this was a fairly simple dress to make. Look twice at the directions for the bias tape at the neckline - it was not my typical method so I had to do some unpicking, but I really like the finish. Oh! And my buttons are sewn straight through both button plackets - no button holes necessary - as this dress easily pulls on and I was feeling lazy ;)

When was a time you took a "seamstress only knows" shortcut in sewing a garment? Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for reading!

❤ Sally